Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

iamryan
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

QUICK QUESTION? PLEASE HELP

Post by iamryan »

i just started screen printing in my home today. i just did a couple of shirts and when i was done washing
the screens out it was already dark and i didnt realize that there still some spots that had ink. i didnt notice until the ink had dried. i was wondering if the ink will stay on the screen and block out my next print. i used a water based paint. i am thinking i should buy some ink remover mover. or is there any way to get it off?

thanks any thing will help
d fleming

Re: QUICK QUESTION? PLEASE HELP

Post by d fleming »

Use whatever the wash chemical the ink label calls for and a pressure washer. Haze remover if necessary.
broham23
Intern
Intern

Post by broham23 »

I'm assuming you'd like to re-use the same screen to make more of the same prints later on and don't want to bleach to emulsion off and reburn the screen. If that's the case you could try scrubbing at it with some paint thinner after soaking it for a while. If that fails there's a stronger chemical called screen wash, with is basically super paint thinner that'll dissolve all kinds of things. Failing that, you've unfortunately ruined this one and you'll need to start over and do what d fleming says, bleach the emulsion and use haze remover with a pressure washer. That'll reclaim the screen and make it as good as new. You'll need to re coat it and burn it again and all though..
X_Autotype_#1
Intern
Intern

Post by X_Autotype_#1 »

Contact the ink manufacturer and ask if they recommend anything that will dissolve the ink and not the stencil. Unfortunately, bleach, haze remover and other water based solvents may dissolve the stencil as well as the dried ink. You may need to perform "surgery" on the open areas of the stencil to remove the ink and not the stencil. Whatever you do you'll need to be careful if you want to save the stencil.

Good Luck!
iamryan
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by iamryan »

thank all of you!
=)
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

If you want to reuse the screen with image that is in it already, try ink degrader.