Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

DSP-JAX
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

plastsol cures "Chalky"

Post by DSP-JAX »

Hello, what would cause white plastisol ink to do this? I cure shirts w/ a flash and use a IR thermometer to check temp. Ink seems to have cured but is not slick/smooth after heat (2 ink layers, flashed in between)
HelpRunMyshop.com
Intern
Intern

Re: plastsol cures "Chalky"

Post by HelpRunMyshop.com »

What is the mesh count on your screen and the ink you are using for white
stray51
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: plastsol cures "Chalky"

Post by stray51 »

It sounds to me like your ink is not curing. Does it crack apart when you pull the fabric in opposite directions? If so your not getting a proper cure. I haven't tried curing with a flash, If this is the only way you have to cure your shirts, you may want to experiment with the temp. setting. You may be overheating the ink and actually over curing it. Flash's are designed more to quickly dry the surface, so you can overprint on it and not for curing. I think you are going to want a more consistent temperature of around 340 degrees, and not a high flash temperature of around 800 I'm guessing. Hopefully you'll be able to achieve that with just a flash. There are small electric dryers out there for minimal costs that should get the job done for you, and help speed up your operation.