Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

mr_innoffensive
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

bubbly ink

Post by mr_innoffensive »

Hello,

I have recently bought some pretty low budget screen printing stuff, and everything I print on any surface (I have tried lots of different papers and fabrics) the ink comes out bubbly and uneven.

I have done screen printing before on proper equipment and it has come out really well, so I do understand the process.

Is there something obvious I am missing. I appreciate that the finish is not going to be perfect given the materials used, but at the moment it is unusable.

Please help. Thanks
broham23
Intern
Intern

Re: bubbly ink

Post by broham23 »

When is it bubbly? As soon as you print and the ink is still wet? After the print has been cured or flashed? The only time I've encountered such a problem is when printing over top of a white underbase that was being flashed for too long and was too hot when the next color (maroon, if I remember correctly) was printed over top of the too-hot underbase. It was a long time ago, but is the only time I recall a "bubbly" look to my prints.
madmanyoni
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: bubbly ink

Post by madmanyoni »

that happens to me when i use fabric ink on printer paper...but either way the ink is crummy