Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

the meshman
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Pricing a job

Post by the meshman »

Hello. I am in the process of starting my own business and I am unsure about pricing out a job. Can anyone give me some basic tips for a formula on pricing it out. Screen charge, art, printing the garment...etc. Any help would be fantastic. Thank you.
HelpRunMyshop.com
Intern
Intern

Re: Pricing a job

Post by HelpRunMyshop.com »

Depends on how much you want to make! Some people are really busy going broke and some are slow but making money cuz the do good work and charge for it. We charge 10 dollars a screen for setup and 20 dollors a half hour for art work. Most art work doesn't go over 30 mins, when it does dont forget to charge for it. Tell them in advance that this will take so much time to create this art. Most the time you can get them to settle on a peace of clip art and go from there. Printing, we charge per color and also charge more to print on darks then lights. Shirts dont forget to mark up your shirts!!!

Mainly its how much do you think your time is worth you dont want to charge to much starting out get some contractors and grind out the first couple years. If you wanted to see more of our pricing you can mess around on our website go to the estimator and select T-shirts. http://www.shirtshackomaha.com/

Mostly you dont want to lose money on any end of the screen printing process like you dont want the back room paying for your art room and so own. Everything cost money so charge for it. I seen alot of shops offering free art free setup and so on i dont think this is the way to go myself. Also never do artwork before they placed a order if they want you to lay something out make them put down some money just for the art time. Mainly cuz they might not even come back if they didnt put money down you lay the art and thats just money out the window on a chance to have them not place the order. Now if they ask what if i dont like you i always say will change it until you do.