Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

martinNZ09
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Please help

Post by martinNZ09 »

Hi,

I am new to the whole t-shirt screenprinting game and I have got a few questions that I am hoping people can help me with. I have got a table set up in the garage with a glass top, underneath this I have my exposure light (500W) in which shines through the glass and onto my screens that I am trying to expose.

I have done a number of tests and found that exposure time works best at 2 minutes. Problem, once these screens are exposed and I wash them out the print is visible however if I wash it for too long it clears out the entire screen - does this mean I am underexposing the screen or is it that when I am coating my screen with emulsion I am going to thinly???

Of course I have a number of other questions but I will start with one before flooding you all with too many :)

Thanks in advance
d fleming

Re: Please help

Post by d fleming »

what kind of light bulb?halide, sodium, bl, flood light from home depot??
martinNZ09
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by martinNZ09 »

Very good question :)

I am not to sure however does it help if I say it is a 500W
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

No help. The type of light is everything when exposing a screen emulsion. A standard 500 watt flood won't get it. You need at least an unfiltered black light, you can get those in flourescent tubes from a lighting supply store usually. For more $$$ you can go metal halide, sodium, etc. Your emulsion manufacturer should be able to provide you with light source, distance and exposure charts.