Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kerrby
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Four Color Process

Post by Kerrby »

I have a customer requesting a print that would require four color process. I am trying to find out if I should go ahead and try to learn the process now as I am fairly new to screen printing, or if I should sub this one out. From searching the forum I already gather I need a laser printer which I have. What else would I need for a job like this? Does it take special emulsion? I do have process ink in cyan, magenta and yellow that I purchased second hand -- is that something I will use? The job would be about 500-1000 white t-shirts. Any information and/or advice in this area would be much appreciated! Also, if I do end up subbing this out, would I be paying a lot more compared to a design with just 4 colors in it? Thanks!
d fleming

Re: Four Color Process

Post by d fleming »

Definitely sub it to someone who does it every day. Then pick their brains to help get you started. Do not start the learning curve on a customer job. Once you think you have it down, do yourself some shop shirts to be sure, then print the customers'.
wes
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by wes »

here is the way I look at it, if you are willing to bite the bullet on all those shirts if things go wrong on them then go head, but I have to agreed with the advice giving by previous people sub it out and learn from them if possible
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Post by tompaine »

Don't practice on a live job, do a test first!
grace
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by grace »

Try to read some forum suggestions before you conduct printing four color process.