Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

sethgover
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Photo Emulsion question

Post by sethgover »

Hi, I am a beginner screen printer/hobbyist, nothing pro.. i have used diazo photo emulsion with the sensitizer, and have had success with it in the past.. my problem is that the last time i bought some of the stuff, the jar i bought was too big, 26.4 oz. , and if i sensitize the entire thing, there is no way i can use it all within the shelf life given on the bottle, even refrigerated.. would it be possible/logical to measure and mix just part of the jars (maybe a half or third) of the stuff for use?
d fleming

Re: Photo Emulsion question

Post by d fleming »

My guess would be that you might be able to get away with it, but I would consult my supplier first.
InnoThread
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by InnoThread »

Why not go with a pre-sensitized emulsion like Ulano's QTX? Shelf life is 18 months and you can buy it by the quart if you like.
http://www.InnoThreadGraphics.com
Custom Screen Printed T-Shirts and Graphic Design
sethgover
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by sethgover »

well i don't do very much screen printing at all, i bought the stuff awhile back, before i had any real plans for it, and now only have small plans.. next time i buy some i will definitely look at other options, but that will probably be awhile.. thank you both very much for the advice though..