Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nym
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

RIP and Printers

Post by Nym »

Im looking for a budget RIP that will do most of what I need it to without the ridiculous cost. Can anyone recommend one that I can start off with and then one that I can move to when I can afford it? I would also be interested in what printers that would be recommended as I will be buying a new one very soon. (I realize that the software will be printer dependant)

I'm looking at an Epson 3000. Good? Bad? Indifferent? What would you suggest for a 500-1500 dollar budget?
Gianni
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: RIP and Printers

Post by Gianni »

HI!
If you can still find a good old Epson 3000 in good working conditions, buy it! You'll use it both to print on paper and on inkjet films, with good definition and solid blacks. It has the lowest operative costs, good definition thanks to the 128 nozzles of the black (the colours have only 64 each) and you may only need to install a new printing head for the black. Only 4 colours, so you are not going to waste money on an 8-colour printer. IF you use a Windows-based PC (Windows '98 or XP) you can find a 290 US dollar RIP at info@amandainks.com - it will allow you to print traditional halftones up to a maximum of 55-60 lpi (which is all what you need). Without a RIP, you can only print flats. By - Gianni