Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lawrence
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Newbie question about print sizes

Post by Lawrence »

Hi, first I just want to thank everyone on here for actually being here. This forum looks like a Godsend for me. I've never tried screen printing before but have decided to try my hand at it since I've found myself in a position where I can start my own business. My basic idea is to make tea towels from my own designs, and I thought it would be best for me to cut out the middle man and learn how to do everything from start to finish.

So I've watched a few YouTube videos and spoken to a few friends that did some screen printing at college and feel that I have a rough idea of how the whole screen printing process works. The first (of no doubt many) problem I've found is when it comes to printing out my design which will be larger than A4 size, in fact it'll be closer to A2.

So here's my question - do I need to buy a printer that can handle bigger size film paper, which is quite an outlay, or is there some clever way around this? For instance can I split my design in two and just print out two A4?

As I wrote I'm a total newbie here and to the world of screen printing. I really hope you can help me and I hope that I've explained my problem clearly enough.
Lawrence
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Newbie question about print sizes

Post by Lawrence »

Damn, I guess I got a little over excited. I didn't realise that this forum was dead. Oh well, I'll have to continue my search elsewhere. :(
d fleming

Re: Newbie question about print sizes

Post by d fleming »

Almost dead, lol. You can get a good printer that will print a 13x19 inch piece of film from epson. I have one of their workforce series and it does just fine. Tubelight has boxes of 100 sheets 13x19. For a print setting I tell it it has presentation matte paper and print on the next to highest level for quality and even though I have all my color seps done in rgb black I have the printer print in color for a nice opaque print.