Color Seperations for Scanned Color Images

Are you looking for a specific art work?
Share your art work, clipart exchange.
Tips Tricks & Secrets

Moderator: Moderator Team

levyproject
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Color Seperations for Scanned Color Images

Post by levyproject »

Hi, I work as a graphic designer for a clothing manufacturer and am wondering what techniques maybe out there for developing clean color seperations for color images i have scanned. Currently I am have many difficulties due to the fact that all my scanned color images produce moire patterns which do not work well with the magic wand tool. Is there any way to scan solid colors somehow without all of those dots? I'm looking for something much less time consuming than using the pen to tool to recreate the whole artwork. I have tried using blur techniques and scanning at 15 degree angles but I still cant manage to get crisp lines/colors. I have seen other multi color graphics out there that seem to have been made from scanned color images and they look very clean and crisp. All I have been capable of doing is scanning the image in black and white redrawing everything from scratch which is way too time consuming. All Help Will Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks in advance. BTW, I use Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator CS3

David
skooshink
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Color Seperations for Scanned Color Images

Post by skooshink »

I have used the program ImagaroZ which does a good job sometimes. It likes to use jpeg images.
Maccraig
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Maccraig »

It sounds like you are scanning from source material that has halftone dots such as a magazine clipping.
If so the best thing is to use descreening on your scanners settings which will remove most of the dots.
Not all scanners have this feature in their software. You can also in photoshop add a slight gaussian blur then add a smart blur which
will smooth out the image.
Jackson456
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Jackson456 »

Hi,

I am looking for a tool/method to scan a document from the local connected scanner and then upload scanned the document to MYSQL table or web server directory. I have read a great deal on WIA (Windows Imaging Automation) and have actually used it in Client Server Application. It works great on Client Server, but I do not know how and if it can work in the web application.

I would greatly appreciate your help.