Emulsions and exposing - I GIVE UP. PLEASE HELP!

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

grrrdjules
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Emulsions and exposing - I GIVE UP. PLEASE HELP!

Post by grrrdjules »

I just don't know what to do anymore.

I had DXP dual-cure emulsion that came with my light table etc when I purchased it from Ryonet. I followed their instructions, all went well. The light box has 4 blacklight tubes. Their instructions were 4-5 minutes exposure but I found I needed 15 minutes. So that emulsion ran out and I got a Ulano Dual Cure so that I didn't have to order from the US and wait over a week. I coat as normal, exposure 15 minutes. Nothing. 15 minutes more, nothing. I think, maybe I screwed up the mixing. I order another container. Same deal. I'm only working with bug lights - windows all covered etc - same as previously when everything worked! So then I order the original emulsion from Ryonet. Still not here after 9 days. I have orders piling up. I am panicking. I order a container of QXP emulsion - no mixing. Doesn't work. What the heck am I doing wrong???????????????????

HELP.
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Kinda hard to trouble shoot without being there but how about the obvious ( do you have gas in the car?)

Is your light source actually on? Try not placing a screen in unit and turn on light with lid up so you can see through glass.
Are your lights (flourescent) unfiltered black light?
Does the emulsion you're using have to be mixed with sensitzer?
Most emulsions come with an exposure table printed in box. Have you done a step-wedge test to determine exposure time and taken distance, etc. into account?
What are you using for art?

I know these sound like stupid things to check, but it's the simple and obvious that usually trip me up.
ftembroidery
Intern
Intern

Post by ftembroidery »

When you say, "I coat as normal, exposure 15 minutes. Nothing. 15 minutes more, nothing," what do you mean by "nothing"? Is all the emulsion washing out? Is none of the emulsion washing out?