Trouble Achieving Multiple Prints

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

melonseed
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Trouble Achieving Multiple Prints

Post by melonseed »

I am fairly new to screen printing, however I have got to grips with some of the more tricky aspects such as exposure and screen reclaim, but I am struggling with the number of prints I can achieve on any given print secession.

I am printing 'art' prints onto paper using both a 110T + 120T aluminium screen. I use speedball for emulsion and Atlantis Waterbased inks. I am very pleased with the results, however I can only ever print one good print at a time, any subsequent attempts look faded/patchy or imperfect, resulting in me having to clean and dry the screen before I can print again. This is ok, but it is VERY time consuming. I watch videos of people screen printing achieving large runs with ease. What am I doing wrong? I am not printing in extreme temperatures and my inks don't seem overly thick. My designs are fairly detailed which is why I'm using the the finer meshes. Could this be the reason they block up after just one print or should I be able to achieve multiple prints with a 120T mesh?

Any advice would be gratefully received. I have an exhibition in August and at this rate I'll only have one print to show!