For Sale

need emulsion and capillary film

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

need emulsion and capillary film

Postby Yubin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:57 am

I'm in china ,so my English isn't good..
These days we making screen for PV cells printing 325-16 stainless steel mesh . finger width 28um EOM 15um paste Dupon 17F
All of the test data is ok after printing ,just screen life time is not good ...when print 4-5h the small holes will come out ,so I guess the
emulsion doesn't have good adhesion or not good in resistant to some solvent. so some can tell me some good emulsion or C-film...I don't
know how to upload pic.
Yubin
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: need emulsion and capillary film

Postby geneh » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:53 am

Hi Yubin,
I print conductive inks all the time and I use Autotype CX Film. With a backer coat of Autotype 8000 direct emulsion on the squeegee side this helps with durability as well as ink transfer. I can get up to 8000 impressions before the tension fall off on my screens and have to replace the screen. Now I know that the CX film will only give you about 4-6 um of EOM. I do not know if that will be enough EOM for your application. The next question I have for you is are you exposing your screens enough this will cause premature break down of the emulsion in fine copy. Also are you using a pre prep or laminating fluid before appling you cap film? Also try dehaze on your mesh after stretching a new screen this helps get rid of any oils left from when the mesh was weaved. Degreaser just don't do the trick by its self. Saati has a new cap film as well that is suppose to render down to 20 um lines. I have some on my desk but just have not had the chance to try it out yet but it comes in different um thickness.

Hope this helps
geneh
Intern
Intern

Return to Problems & Issues