Weather Accelerated Test Problem Issue

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

benz23
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Weather Accelerated Test Problem Issue

Post by benz23 »

Hello guys, i have some question about recent result of Weather accelerated test of my product.

as one of the requirement from our customer, we have to do a weather accelerated test for our product. our product is a screen printed vinyl sticker, printed on Lintec's PVC WB 80 micron material, Using Seiko Advance's SG-700 series ink, and using Seikos Advance’s UV32N UV clear coat.

Our customer standard is, the exposure received by the product is 194,4 MJ/m2. And base from their standart the exposure is achieved by multiplying between 2 variables, it is [Time (second) x Irradiance = Exposure]. For example you can achieve 194,4 MJ/m2 by do the test for 300 hours with 180 W/m2 (300 x 60 x 60 x 180 = 194,4), or you can do 675 hours test with 80 W/m2 (675 x 60 x 60 x 80 = 194,4).

Based on above standards we do two test :
1. 300 hours with 180 irradiance
2. 675 hours with 80 irradiance
After both test done, the result are different. The no. 1 test results are not good the materials is curling, some of the ink cracked, and some of the ink also dicolored badly (delta e above 3). But the no.2 results are fine, there are no curling on material, the discoloring of the ink is acceptable (the delta e is under 3), and there are no cracked ink on all sample. based on their theory, the exposure received by the material should be the same, is the theory of the exposure explained by our customer wrong?

Is there anybody who have experienced with this kind of problem? Or maybe an expert of Accelerated Weather Test using Weather Ometer Machine? Im hoping someone can give me an advice about this problem of mine.

Thank you very much
benz23
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Weather Accelerated Test Problem Issue

Post by benz23 »

Heads up! :mrgreen: