Please Help with Los of Color Issue

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

JCGfxdesign
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Please Help with Los of Color Issue

Post by JCGfxdesign »

I have some shirts that are on a Charcoal Gray Anvil 100% Cotton shirt with a white print. The issue is that the color of the shirt is now purple but you can see the image through the shirt. from where the white ink sits. It is on the back of the shirts and I am trying to figure out why these shirts are doing this. The other thing is that the customer let these shirts sit in a box for 4 months so does that have anything to do with it. Please help with any advice that you may be able to give or know what to call this little situation besides a pain in the @$$. Thanks.
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Please Help with Los of Color Issue

Post by ROADSIDE »

So.... you printed white ink on grey shirts and the shirts turned purple? or the white ink now looks violet on the grey shirt?

I have notice on some camo shirts by Anvil that when you print white ink over the camo pattern some areas of white turn a pinkish purple color.
This is because the dye in the shirt is changing the ink color. You will notice a warning associated with a lot of products that are sublimated for the same reason.

Leaving them in a box is not the problem.
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.