wet on wet...whats up with that?

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jonnyfect
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

wet on wet...whats up with that?

Post by jonnyfect »

I am a newer printer, and feel I am getting pretty comfortable with it. However, The other day I was printing a multi-color print and wanted to print wet on wet, because I thought I could. The wet ink ended up getting lifted off by the screen. Any explainations out there for me? what did i do wrong?

thanks
Jonny
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Re: wet on wet...whats up with that?

Post by tompaine »

Which ink were you using?
Jiminscreen
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Jiminscreen »

It's buildup. Get your pallets warm. Then use peel to protect your shirts from buildup.

Just a thought
Business Forms

Re: wet on wet...

Post by Business Forms »

Hi ...

Wet-on-wet is a painting technique in which layers of wet paint are applied to previous layers of wet paint. This technique requires a fast way of working, because the art work has to be finished before the first layers have dried.

Regards....
geneh
Intern
Intern

Post by geneh »

Wet on wet or 2 wet passes is a common practice in membrane switch and overlay window printing. The purpose is to help settle the conductive pigments in conductive inks. And for trans overlay windows this eliminates pinholes. I do belive the garment ink that you are using is a very thick ink. But the inks that are used for the membrane and overlay printing is some what thin. Plus we run our screen tensions as high as possible per manufactures spec. Hope this helps,
doganonymous
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by doganonymous »

are you printing spot colors or process? if it's spot, you may not need to do wet/wet..
SidelineKiller
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by SidelineKiller »

you need to use inks that are thin. dont use inks that have a lot of opake and use high mess counts(305 or 230's)and make sure your have a good squeegee angle and pressure. to much pressure would make the inks on the back of the screen smug or smeer into the other colors