poorly assembled tees

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

VTprint14
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

poorly assembled tees

Post by VTprint14 »

I have been running into a recurring theme: poorly assembled Tees. The shoulder seams are often not equal distance to the collar from the arm seam, sometimes as much as 3/4ths of an inch difference, yet I am being asked to print a centered and straight print on these crooked shirts. It is extremely frustrating and difficult. I am not a newbie to this industry, and I have tried several things to help, but the error rate is too large. The screen is centered and leveled to the platen perfectly, I double and triple check. I have this issue mostly on organic tees from Outer Banks or Econscious. Soft, wonderful feeling shirts, but crooked as heck! Anyone got any ideas aside from measuring each tee before printing and sending back the defects and complaining to the company? Sometimes the clients are in a huge rush and I can't give them quality prints like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.