Xante - WEAK FILMS

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Xante - WEAK FILMS

Post by ROADSIDE »

I have an XANTE Colour Screen Writer.... I use it for printing films and occasionally for dye sublimation....

I am getting really CRAPPY FILMS and its just to much money to keep running.... anyone have any suggestions?
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
d fleming

weak films

Post by d fleming »

I have had great success with my epson 9500. Originally used for large format prints in shop, now used for the occasional photo and films for screenprinting since purchase of solvent inkjet. I have heard several people comment on success with smaller epson printers and film. Mine is a little big for shirt shops, I use it to output large films for signs as well. Jack @ Reece Supply can get you the film you need. Don't think they're an epson dealer, I could be wrong.
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

Yeah I have an EPSON 7600 that I use for single color stuff but since I am on a MAC and have no RIP software.... I have to do my seps with the XANTE

Anyone have a good RIP for a MAC?
d fleming

Rip software?

Post by d fleming »

Why would you need rip software to print t-shirt films? I don't understand what having a mac has to do with your printer either. You should be able to get a mac driver from epson site and corel should make fine films. Cheap enough. Did 4 color shirts last night with films out of corel. Job ran perfect.
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

ummm... I dont use COREL ... I am Illustrator 100%
from my understand my epson is non-postscript and will not do half tone seps without a rip.

Some people have suggested a method of seperation using filters and such but its not the best quality.

If I am wrong... please correct me... but I refuse to use CORhELL
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

If that is the case you should be able to find a suitable rip for slightly less than a small fortune:-). Apples and oranges, I find corel much quicker and easier to use than illustrator, I have both in the machine. Photoshop too. I have an onyx rip that I don't use any more, don't think it would help you, I use signlabs rip for my seiko and corel for the epson.
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

hmmmm.... XANTE FAILED ME AGAIN!!!!

Rush order came in for a BIG NAME CLIENT and if not for my amazing art skills & some black sharpies I would have missed the deadline.

Do I pay to have someone try to fix this beast?
or do I cut my losses and buy a new machine?

mmmmm spending money!