Printing Panther Pink on black hood?

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

73eyes
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Printing Panther Pink on black hood?

Post by 73eyes »

Hi!

Awesome forum, I'll be spending a lot of time around here, I think :)

I'm trying to print Wilflex Genesis Panther Pink on a black hoodie. The white goes down just fine, but the pink ink won't set on top of it in any consistent manner... It either wipes clean off the undercoat (leaving just the white undercoat) or the color varies with different thicknesses of ink across the design. I'm trying different flashing times, and I've gone through every squeegee in the house, so if anyone knows any tricks I'd love to hear 'em!

Thanks!
Matt
yaleteamsandtees
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Printing Panther Pink on black hood?

Post by yaleteamsandtees »

What's your off contact set to?
I use panther quite a bit with no probs.

-Rob
73eyes
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by 73eyes »

I've tried a few different of contact settings and definitely need to keep the screen high enough to snap right away... killing my arms in the process.

So far, from what I can tell, if I flash at *just the right temp*, everything ends up ok... it just seems like the ink would be a lot more manageable if it wasn't so runny and thin. Is there an additive that I can mix in to thicken it up and not loose too much opacity?
VVP
Intern
Intern

Post by VVP »

I use it all the time too with no problems. Are you using the flash instead of a dryer to cure the ink?