Forst timer worries

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dr4k3
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Forst timer worries

Post by dr4k3 »

Okay, so I tries to print an image onto paper to test the screen. I used Daizo photo emulsion, though i think that I used too much because it clumped somewhat and didn't dry fully. My second mistake was not to let the image i printed out dry enough, so when i exposed the emulsion it and the ink kind of mixed and screwed up. I was worried when I tried to remove the emulsion, but it seemed to work mostly, though there was an outline of the clumped bits. I ran a test run, running ink over the screen to make sure the emulsion was clean, and there wasn't any obstruction to the print, so the emulsion should have been cleaned out.
Then I ran a second print. I used less emulsion and let the ink dry, so the stencil was clearly visible when i rinsed the unexposed emulsion away. However, when I ran the test print the paper came up blank. no ink went through.
Does anybody know what might have gone wrong? Is my screen ruined? Please help in any way you can.