Outline is smearing

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ladeane
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Outline is smearing

Post by ladeane »

How do I create an outline on artwork that won't smear when we print it on t-shirts?
How do I get the gap in between the block letter and the outline?
Our outline keeps smearing onto the inner ink... :cry:
TMP_D
Intern
Intern

Re: Outline is smearing

Post by TMP_D »

Might want to try a bolder outline to start with, I seem to do ok with a 1 or 2pt outline, the gap between the letter and outline could be adjusted in many ways I’m sure, and I’m not sure I have the best way of doing it myself....but, you could try contours to create an open area, or sometimes I convert outline to object and then outline that, but I guess it depends on what your wanting

If you think the art work should be ok to print but are having troubles getting the ink to stay where it should, try higher screen mesh count or maybe the easiest fix would be to check your squeegee, I like to use a very firm, hard edged one for something of detail, and don’t flood to much

Now if you’re talking of smearing, like oops there is a finger print "smear" on the outline....then I’d say just keep your fingers back.
ladeane
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by ladeane »

Thanks so much!
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

You should post an image of what you are trying to print.
More then likely you are having some pressure conflicts in conjunction with incorrect film output.
If your film is not right when you start.... you will have problems.
If you are pushing to hard or not hard enough... you will have problems.

What equipment are you using?
What is the print setup for this job? (printing what colors on what type of garment)
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.