Can't expose screen!

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

musikclothingco
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Can't expose screen!

Post by musikclothingco »

Okay, I've got a 4 bulb flo light exposure unit by Ranar. The distance from light to screen is approx. 4 inches, I use QTX and coat screens 2-1(2 out, 1 in). I was told to expose for 1 min 50 sec and that didnt work, also tried 1 min 35 sec and didn't work. Im not rinsing the screens out with much pressure, just a shower head wound, I used to use a power washer but was told that I shouldnt have to use it to rinse out the image....... This is really frustrating and I need advice. Thanks for reading
yaleteamsandtees
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't expose screen!

Post by yaleteamsandtees »

What is or is not happening?

Your post doesn't really say.

Is the image NOT washing out?
Is the emulsion just washing away completely?

-Rob
musikclothingco
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by musikclothingco »

it takes a while for the image to start washing out and it doesnt come out all the way, choppy around the edges, and cant do small text. I cant even print a bold normal text...................
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

http://www.ulano.com/emulsn/presensitized.htm#qtx

From ulano website. Exposure with bl 180 seconds, so you need to go at least 3 minutes. You're only halfway there. Their chart is using 305 mesh. If you are using 110 your time may vary somewhat. Do a stepwedge test with 3 minutes being the middle time to see what the best time for your situation is.