screen wont wash out

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

apleasureprintingllc
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

screen wont wash out

Post by apleasureprintingllc »

Lost again I say,,
I purchased 2 part emulsion and it is about a month and a half old. I coated my screens in a dark room ( cardboard over windows and a yellow bug light for light.
It is somewhat humid in room and hot so I left screens to dry for 2 days
I am exposing with a brown black light expo system.
In the past things have worked out great but now the screens seem like they are OVER exposed.
My previous exposure time was 2 minutes and 47 seconds and was working great.
Now I have tried that and 3 minutes 1.5 minutes 1 minute and also as short as 30 seconds with no change. It seems like the whole screen is exposed.
Could this be a humidity problem or emulsion is bad I am using pro chem DXP pink
After rinsing for 5 minutes the emultion turns bright pink and washes off screen without ever revealing any type of image
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Re: screen wont wash out

Post by ROADSIDE »

if they are over exposed you will not be able to rinse anything off.

If they are UNDER exposed you will rinse almost everything off.

I am not sure about the chemicals you are using.... I will leave that to someone else to answer
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
d fleming

Re: screen wont wash out

Post by d fleming »

My first guess would be the heat. Light and heat destroy photographic chemicals. Humidity's not good either. My screens stay in a temp controlled room, 77 degrees year round. Low humidity if any. Constant air movement.