Color Matching on Metal Black Power Coat

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

robertr
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Color Matching on Metal Black Power Coat

Post by robertr »

I am not too familar with the screen printing process but do have a supplier I am working with (China) that is having trouble matching a specific Pantone color that was specificed (Pantone 485 C). Do to the black metal powder coated background they are having trouble formulating the proper mixture to match the Pantone 485C as requested. They have tried many iterations of mixes but can't seem to get it right with the final result far from the target color. Are there suggestions someone can offer on how to provide the supplier with the proper mixture needed to match the Pantone 485C color? To me it sounds like a lot of trial and error. I'm wondering if its best if the color supplier should get involved to determine the correct mixture? I don't believe the supplier is using the CNYK four ink process - it was explained to me that they are mixing a series of pantone colors for trying to meet the final color (Pantone 485 C). For the last sample they provided the color mix recipe included the folowing colors: Rubine Red c (30%), White (20%), Yellow c (30%) and Warm Red c (20%). The end result was quite a bit off from the Pantone 485 C specified.

Any help someone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
HelpRunMyshop.com
Intern
Intern

Re: Color Matching on Metal Black Power Coat

Post by HelpRunMyshop.com »

Make sure your color card isnt old and faded or find someone in the states and go to there shop and see before they print if the color is correct