Cleaning screens at the press

Post your questions, suggestions, ideas and advice to issues you have run into in your screen printing shop.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Case
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Cleaning screens at the press

Post by Case »

Hello I'm I having issues after a day of printing, I need to clean the ink out of my screens so they are ready for print in the morning. I can't find anything that works good. I've started using Camie 480 Screen Opener and it works sometimes but when I started using it on my finer detail screens I ran into problems. It didn't clean the ink out well and it froze the emulsion on the screen which was very hard to reclaim. So I just switched to Sunrise Technologies 840 Press Wash, my sales rep told me that it worked better. Again no luck, so I was wondering the techniques that work for everybody else. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jason
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

What ink are you using? I use Xylene to wash on press and then a quick spritz and wipe with fresh rag of screen opener if I have to leave a screen for the next day on press on our clamshells. Of course I don't have to worry about the t-shirt press as we use plastisol.